Moringa Seeds for Sale !
How to Grow Moringa from Seeds :
Moringa seeds have no dormancy periods and can be planted as soon as they are mature.
In the ground:
It is best to plant the seeds directly where the tree is intended to grow and not transplant the seedling. The young seedlings are fragile and often cannot survive transplanting. To plant seeds directly in the ground:
Choose an area with light and sandy soil, not heavy with clay or water-logged.
Dig holes 1 ft (30 cm) square and 1 ft deep. Back-fill the holes with loose soil. Compost or manure will help the tree grow better, even though Moringa trees can grow in poor soils.
Plant 3 to 5 seeds in each hole, 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Plant the seeds no deeper than three times the width of the seed (approximately ½ in. or 1.5 cm — the size of one’s thumbnail).
Keep the soil moist enough so that the top soil will not dry and choke the emerging saplings, but it should not be too wet or else the seeds can drown and rot.
When the saplings are four to six inches tall, keep the healthiest sapling in the ground and remove the rest. Termites and nematodes can kill a young sapling. Take measures to protect saplings from these two dangers.
Note: If the soil is heavy, dig a larger hole of up to 3 ft (90 cm) in diameter and 3 ft deep, and backfill with 1 part sand and 2 parts original soil. Added compost or manure will help.
Benefits of Moringa !
Key Nutrients of the Moringa Tree and Futher Moringa Benefits
By providing abundant Vitamin A, Moringa benefits in:
• The prevention of blindness (night blindness and complete blindness)
• Prevention of maternal mortality
• Lactation / breast milk production during pregnancy
• Boosting weak immune systems, enabling the body to fight infections
The Moringa benefits of Vitamin C helps prevent:
• Scurvy – scurvy causes spongy gums, bleeding from the mucous membranes, and formation of spots on the skin. The spots are more dense on the thighs and legs and a person with the disease looks pale, is partially immobilised and feels depressed. In advanced scurvy, open, puss producing wounds and loss of teeth may occur.
• High blood pressure (hypertension)
• Weakness, physical or mental weariness
• Swollen gums, nosebleeds
The Moringa benefits of providing abundant potassium help prevent:
• Hypokalemia (low amount of potassium contained within the blood)
• Problems such as Myalgia (muscle pain) and muscular weakness
• Hyponatremia (low amount of sodium contained in the blood)
• Skin related problems such as blistering, skin eruptions, dryness, etc
• Temporary memory loss problems
• Heart related problems, such as heart deterioration
• Digestive system problems
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Sleep disorders
• Nervous system deterioration
• Ringing / noise in ear
By providing abundant iron, Moringa health benefits help prevent:
• Shortness of breath
• Pale skin colour
• Sore tongue
• Brittle nails
• Decreased appetite (especially within children)
• Headache – frontal
The Moringa benefits of protein helps prevent:
• Edema – a collection of fluid under the skin, which most commonly affects the legs, feet, and ankles, but can occur anywhere on the body.
• Weight loss
• Thinning or brittle hair, hair loss
• Deep ridges or lines in toe and finger nails
• Skin becomes very light, burns easily in the sun
• Reduced pigmentation within the hair, on the scalp and the body
• Skin rashes, dryness, flakiness
• General weakness and lethargy
• Muscle soreness and weakness
• Slowness in healing scrapes, cuts, wounds, and bruises
• Bedsores and other skin ulcers
• Difficulty sleeping
• Nausea and stomach pain
• Fainting, crankiness and moodiness
• Severe depression
• Lack of energy, lethargy