Echinocactus Grusonii – Golden Barrel Cactus
- Echinocactus grusonii, popularly known as the golden barrel cactus, golden ball or mother-in-law’s cushion, is a well known species of cactus
- bright and sunny spot with warm temperatures
- Most suitable is cactus soil, which stores water and simultaneously ensures good permeability so that any excess water can run off.
- If a cactus is kept too moist and waterlogging develops, the plant quickly reacts with root rot.
- The plants are native to arid desert regions and usually have only rainfall to supply their moisture needs.
- Water your barrel cactus once per week in summer.
- The barrel cactus doesn’t need much water in winter when it is dormant.