Aloe Dichotoma- Kokerboom – Quiver Tree
- This distinctive tree aloe has smooth branches
- The crown is often densely rounded as a result of the repeatedly forked branches, hence the species name dichotoma. (dichotomous meaning forked).
- The young flower buds can be eaten and have a similar appearance and taste to asparagus.
- Sugar birds are drawn to these flowers in winter where they feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
- The bark on the trunk is rather hard and forms beautiful golden brown scales.
- It has a spread-root-system the roots are somewhat fleshy.
- Full Sun/Semi Shade
- Its bark is rather hard but the pith is soft, light and spongy.