Sugarcane is one of the several species of tall perennial true grasses.
Native to the warm temperate to tropical regions of South Asia and Melanesia, and used for sugar production.
It has stout jointed fibrous stalks that are rich in the sugar sucrose, which accumulates in the stalk inter-nodes.
Sugarcane is a tropical, perennial grass that forms lateral shoots at the base to produce multiple stems, typically three to four metres high and about five cm in diameter. The stems grow into cane stalk, which when mature constitutes approximately 75% of the entire plant. A mature stalk is typically composed of 11–16% fiber, 12–16% soluble sugars, 2–3% non-sugars, and 63–73% water.
- Easy to Grow
- Fixes its own Nitrogen from the atmosphere
- Grows very quickly
- Will be ready for harvest each year. ( ie can harvest each year)
- Perfect to make Sugarcane Juices or to mix with smoothies.
- Can be used as a survival food in an event of a crisis.
- Grows very similar to Bamboo
- Looks beautiful and will be perfect for your home garden