Moringa, Moringa Oleifera, the miracle tree, is extremely useful, from its leaves to its stems to its roots. The tree is drought tolerant, meaning it can survive harsh climates and long periods of no rain. This means that that tree is very easy to care for.
Moringa trees grow exceptionally fast, growing sometimes over 1.5m per year given ideal conditions
We have noticed from our experience with growing Moringa is that they do not do well in high wind areas, therefore planting windbreaks around the tree is essential. We plant White Karee (Searsia pendulina) trees and Coastal silver oak trees as fast growing drought tolerant windbreak trees.
Most indigenous cultures consume the leaves of the Moringa tree. The leaves are extremely nutrient dense. Commonly people dry the leaves out and consume the powder as a dietary supplement.
Here is a snapshot of the nutrition content :
25 x More Iron than Spinach
15 x More Potassium than Bananas
17 x More Calcium than in Milk
10 x More Vitamin A than in Carrots
4 x More Protein than in Eggs
The protein content alone in the Moringa Leaf is incredible taking into account that most athletes and bodybuilders eat countless amounts of eggs a week for protein. Egg laying chickens are generally fed GMO Corn as their sole food source, thus there is questions around the long term implications of eating eggs regularly.
Analysis of the dried leaf of the Moringa is shown that it contains an impressive 90-plus nutrients, including some 46 antioxidants, 20 amino acids including all the essential ones, vitamins and minerals, chlorophyll, anti-inflammatories, antibacterial and Omega fatty acids 3-6-9.
I have listed some of the general benefits of Moringa :
- Boosts Stamina – this is due to its wide range of nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients
- Controls Diabetes – Helps regulate and control the blood sugar levels
- Antioxidants – Moringa contains polyphenols , primarily epigallocatechin gallate , which is known for inhibiting cancer growth
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Detox – Helps remove toxins from the body
- Organic – No pesticides are used in the cultivation of Moringa, this is primarily due to the lack of pests that affect the tree.
- Increases Immunity – Due to its high nutrition content, your immune system will immediately benefit
- Skin Care – Moringa will help bring the glow back in your skin due to its high vitamin E content
- Stimulates Hair growth – Due to the high zinc content, hair growth is increased and strengthened
GreenCloudSolutions sources Moringa directly from local farmers in South Africa thus we ensure the most Fresh Moringa Powder Available as well as helping enriching our local farmers empower themselves.
See the link below for the 500g and 1Kg Moringa Powder Available: